Saturday, November 17, 2018

Celebrating Writers :)


I have been neglecting this blog for far too long. Mostly because I have been feeling uninspired lately for the longest of time. However, yesterday I came across a piece of article celebrating the beauty of writing. The article mentioned -- how behind a pen (in this case, it would be more apt to say keyboard), gender have no bearing. All that matters is the persuasiveness of your argument and the beauty of your prose.

This struck a cord with me as I have always been fascinated with writing and more importantly the immense reach it has. Not only do writers have the brilliant ability to string carefully selected words together to create a piece of work that brings multiple insights to the ordinary. They are also able to  take the ordinary, mundane realities of this world and inject it with extraordinary nuances.

May it be fiction or opinion pieces, the act of writing is in itself purposeful. It provides an avenue for thoughts, ideas, frustrations, grief and joy to be expressed. I suppose the thing I appreciate most about writing is that anyone can write. Of course the other issue we have to concern ourselves with is         the varying skill in which an individual possess in expressing themselves through words.

Either way, here is to writing. Writing for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment