Saturday, April 30, 2011

Education

Today is my last paper for my year 2. This means that i am officially done with year 2 of my undergraduate career. Ending of examinations calls for a celebration. Not so much because I am sure of doing well but because I have endured tremendous stress and pressure to sit for these examinations.

However my intention of writing this blog entry is not to discuss me and my examinations or my petty emotional distress regarding the examinations.Rather I just want to talk about education in general.

I came across Patrick Teoh's blog about a math question that his son was required to answer. There wasn't any problem with the question per se  but rather I have an issue with the way in which the math question was asked. The English used is horrendous beyond comprehension. It is so sad to see the level of English that educators possess. I am genuinely worried about the future of our country and younger generation. They certainly deserve better than the crap we have at the moment.

Its a whole generation of young Malaysians that we are talking about here. I have no idea if our government has any idea about the magnitude of damage they are doing to our education system. Education is the primary source of national development and progress and what we are doing is impeding the potential of progress that our country can achieve through lowering the standard of education. Instead of discussing important issues such as the standard of education and English in our country, it appears to me that our politicians are more interested in petty infighting regarding issues that virtually no one cares about such as why husbands cheat on their wife, why other races are not loyal to the country and about giving everyone a one Malaysia account!

This is my plea to the government to get their priorities right.It would be such a shame to allow the standard of education to go down the drain just because our politicians are too busy trying to plot and scheme for ways to stay in power.

This is the link to Patrick Teoh's blog regarding the math question, try not to laugh =) http://www.niamah.com/2011/04/tragic-funny.html#links

No comments:

Post a Comment