Thursday, September 15, 2011

Just being

I have been thinking a lot about authenticity lately. It's amazing how people try extremely hard to be a different. To be individualistic. But in the end we just end up going with what is popular. Or rather what is every often phrased as " customary or formality". The way I see it. To hell with formality or being mannered. I really do not give a damn about being nice or decent to people who I have no interest in trying to please. Why put in effort to be extra nice to people who you have no respect for whatsoever. I mean isn't the whole point of life is to live authentically. I think for that to happen. We need to be true to ourselves foremost. That is the essential point to begin with. Your thoughts and opinion must be manifested by your actions. From the very little years of experience I have about life and my limited wisdom, all I can say now is that I just want to focus on being.

To be perfectly realistic and pragmatic, you can't function if you live for others. Of course people are entitled to their opinions and the way they feel. But beyond this ,I think it is equally important not to fake it. I know this might seem shallow and people may argue that as you grow older, you need to look at the bigger pictures. Sometimes people have to do what they do not want to do so that they " give face" or some shit like that. But if some people just simply do not matter to you. Why try? I think we all should just focus on the people that matter to us and screw the rest man. period.

No comments:

Post a Comment