Tuesday, January 4, 2011

the beginning

I figured that its a new year and i should do something that i would never ever in a million years  thought of doing. So viola,  I decided that I am going to start blogging. For sometime now, people have been asking me to blog and I never understood the reason why people spend time blogging about their lives.

I have always been critical about the motives of people writing about their personal life for the world to view and comment and you know inevitably make conclusions about you and your life and your realities. Having said that I think its the human condition to have our voices heard, to matter to someone out there who took the time to read the words we want to say but somehow was unable to do so  for various reasons and perhaps the feeling of peace we get when we express our thoughts and speak about the life we lead.

So people have a myriad of reasons to blog .I think if i were totally honest with myself, the reason i decided to blog is because aside from the obvious fact that i love writing, it is because writing is a huge part of me and I need to write to keep my sanity from the world and people i deal with everyday.   I have been writing since i was 8 and I still do write. Not electronically though, I have a journal i write in and I must say it's a pleasure to go back to it (the journal) every once in a while to relive old memories, lessons learned in the past and also to rediscover the person who wrote all those previous journal entries and see if  she is the same person as she was in the past.

So here is to a new beginning,of writing on the net though i still intend to keep writing in my manual, old school journal where i use a pen and a book .. I like flipping papyrus and looking at my handwriting. I am a narcissist that way =) only cause i write for myself and no one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment