Sunday, January 9, 2011

Passion

I have been living the campus life for the past one and the half years. Today i came back to that life after a blissful month of holidays. Then it all begins, all over again like a carousel.  For the next 13 weeks this would be life.

I came back to Singapore and attended to the work I needed to get done. Whilst in the midst of doing all the work and discussing issues regarding our  lives in hall I was reminded again why i do the work I do in hall.

The people I work with are so passionate about the work they do and it actually gives me hope. Hope that good people STILL do exist and that there are people,though not many who STILL cares about others and are willing to do everything they can to ensure that the community that they are involved in, gets the best out of their tenure and efforts.

Of course this would all be a naive assumption, but sometimes all we have to do is choose to believe in the goodness of people. Faith , that there are unselfish deeds and work and actions that people are capable of achieving and executing. I think we all need that little dosage of faith cause faith brings about hope. Besides I think that with all the negativity in the world, faith and hope will do our souls good because sometimes all you need is a little hope which enables us to keep trying and keep believing in the things that we are passionate about and perhaps most importantly to continue doing  and pursuing our passions. Especially when the fruits of our labor is not growing nor showing any signs of growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment